- Understanding and optimization of granular flows can be supported by DEM – simulations (discrete element methods).
- The DEM – code XPS is developed in-house and therefore highly flexible.
- Due to the utilization of graphic cards simulations of more than 20 mil particles are feasible.
- It’s possible to simulate different shaped particles.
- Complex geometries can be handled.
- Diverse materials can be incorporated.
- The granules can interact with a second phase (e.g. Fluidization)
- Spraying, conductive heat transfer etc. can be included.
CFD-DEM 25Mil Particles Fluidized Bed
- A lot of different processes dealing with granular flows can be simulated and in consequence optimized using DEM. e.g.:
- Tablet coating
- Powder transport
- Particle velocities and trajectories are calculated at each point in time and therefore give an enormous scope for analyzing a process. e.g.:
- Mixing time / index
- Coating homogeneity
- Residence time in spray zone
- Stress analysis
- Segregation tendency
Real Shape Tablets Logo