Feeding and Blending
- Interaction of material properties and feeder geometry to choose suitable combinations.
- Characterization of feed deviations and their causes.
- Relation of material properties and blending mechanism, to choose the appropriate blender.
- Determination of homogeneity achieved within the blending process via PAT-tools.
- Development of a knowledge space for the feeder, blender, and combined feeding-blending setup.
Animation of a simplified feeding and continuous blending process
- Science-based design of tablets considering the impact of micrometrics on processing and pharmaceutical performance
- Scientific expertise in conventional granulation routes
- Theoretical and experimental prediction of compaction behavior relevant to critical tablet properties
- Process development and scale up towards industrial production
- In-line monitoring of processing (eg. segregation) and final tablet quality
- Development of continuous tableting routes
- Novel strategies for production of multi-layer tablets
Particle properties relevant for tableting
Continuous direct compaction process inclduing in-line monitoring concept
- Standard and low dose capsule filling for oral and inhalation application with the dosator filling system lab-, pilot- and industrial scale
- Tamping pin system for standard doses in pilot and industrial scale
- Microdosing with the gravimetric Microdose system (labscale)
- Formulation development dedicated to the system and route of administration
- Model based approach utilizing statistical as well as multi- physics modeling for prediction of capsule filling effiency and process optimization
- Capsule shell characterization
Volumetric dosator capsule filling
Gravimetric-vibrating sieve chute system
Tamping pin capsule filling